Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I started the car, it ran for a minute or two, then stumbled and died. It wouldn't re-start. It turns over fine, just keeps turning without catching (much like when I've removed the coil wire when its going to sit a while, and I've forgotten to replace it :rolleyes: ).
Its getting spark to the plugs, though I went ahead and replaced the points and rotor since I'd noticed a few days earlier that the points were pretty worn.
Its pumping gas through the line up to the filter, so I replaced the filter, thinking that was the problem. Still nothing. Looking into the carb while twisting the throttle lever, I can't see or smell any gas, so I'm assuming this is a problem within the carb. Not being all that adept at carb problems, what should I be looking for now? This is a stock 2 barrel.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Could have some debri stuck in the needle. If your not seeing the two thin jets of fuel in the carb when you pull the throttle something is amiss in the carb. Pull the top after you get a new gasket and check the brass needle. Float could be stuck too.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You flooded your car. It probably is something to do with the choke.
Please read the post. There is NO gas going into the venturis, not too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts