Vintage Mustang Forums banner
941 - 960 of 3,712 Posts
Or he gets married. Or so it seems in all the dramas my wife watches.

I think he did a compression and leak down test and those were good...IIRC. At the risk of being repetitive of myself, the first thing I would do is yank the distributor and have it rebuilt/recurved by Dan Nolan...regardless if it is new or previously rebuilt. I would also replace the intake manifold and carburetor with better options along with a new carb spacer and gaskets. I would be 100% shocked if it didn't run perfect after a proper tune was installed with these upgrades.

P.S. As a matter of fact, you order the parts, get the distributor rebuilt by Dan, bring the car and new parts to Huntsville, I'll help you do the work.

I think he did a compression and leak down test and those were good...IIRC. At the risk of being repetitive of myself, the first thing I would do is yank the distributor and have it rebuilt/recurved by Dan Nolan...regardless if it is new or previously rebuilt. I would also replace the intake manifold and carburetor with better options along with a new carb spacer and gaskets. I would be 100% shocked if it didn't run perfect after a proper tune was installed with these upgrades.
I concur. OP, get your GoFundMe page up.

Discussion starter · #959 ·

P.S. As a matter of fact, you order the parts, get the distributor rebuilt by Dan, bring the car and new parts to Huntsville, I'll help you do the work.
are you in huntsville? i'm an hour away. i'll bring it to you if you think you can find my problem...

Discussion starter · #960 ·
so anyway. just got back from the shop. i didnt bring the car home with me. i test drove it around and the engine feels the same. still has that slight f-ing stumble-shake to it. like theres rocks running through the hoses. hard to explain what it feels like. rpm in park was 800 and in gear around 700. not where ford shop manual says it should be. im gonna print out that specs page and show them.
they did the alignment and assured me that the wheels return to center after completing turns., well guess what, it doesnt. i have to quickly turn my wheel to straighten out before it runs into a wall or off a cliff. did they even do anything? i noticed they park it on the grass in front of the shop. they were just using it to turn heads off the parkway to get people into the shop. so yeah. i left it there and they said they'll "look at it again"

941 - 960 of 3,712 Posts