1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,702 Posts
Sorry to hear this, not good news.

·
Registered
1967 mustang coupe v8 289
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #962 ·
i mean.. it does run and is drivable but not how it should be i guess. its just annoying dealing with that weird engine stumble and the high idle. i wonder if i could drive it a few hours to one of you guys without breaking down

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i mean.. it does run and is drivable but not how it should be i guess. its just annoying dealing with that weird engine stumble and the high idle. i wonder if i could drive it a few hours to one of you guys without breaking down
I see you are in Seymour, TN. I'm close to you in Knoxville. You could drive it here. We should chat about this.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #965 ·
I see you are in Seymour, TN. I'm close to you in Knoxville. You could drive it here. We should chat about this.
yes. i am in seymour. i would gladly let you have a look. do you have a resume and references? if 4 shops out here have no clue, i'm a bit skeptical. but willing.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
yes. i am in seymour. i would gladly let you have a look. do you have a resume and references? if 4 shops out here have no clue, i'm a bit skeptical. but willing.
The guy is throwing you a life line. Not sure what you are expecting with references. And doesn't sound like you asked for them when you were paying money. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #968 ·
The guy is throwing you a life line. Not sure what you are expecting with references. And doesn't sound like you asked for them when you were paying money. 🤦‍♂️
they had good yelp reviews and they had classic cars they were working on so i figured i'd give them a shot🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Understood - just that I think you may be slowly running options - maybe time for a new engine - hey 347 - its what I have!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
You do as I suggest with the distributor, let’s order some parts…depending on what you already have and I’ll be happy to help.
i just noticed you're in huntsville AL. i thought TN. 3 hours away. but hey if you're willing to come down here we can still do this. i'd pay your gas and beer or coffee and slimjims

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i just noticed you're in huntsville AL. i thought TN. 3 hours away. but hey if you're willing to come down here we can still do this. i'd pay your gas and beer or coffee and slimjims
You've got someone offering you free labor and you're not willing to get the car to them...

If it won't drive that far, put it on a trailer.

Allen

·
Registered
1966 2+2
8,781 Posts
they had good yelp reviews and they had classic cars they were working on so i figured i'd give them a shot🤷‍♂️
Have you looked for or contacted a local mustang club? I’ve been working on these old cars for, I’m guessing longer than you’ve been alive.Yelp reviews would be at the bottom of the list of places to check.

Instead of asking someone to drive 3 hrs to help, maybe approach it by saying, I’ll trailer the car to you.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
my mistake. i saw that as a suggestion. perhaps i could trailer it to him. i'll look into truck and trailer rentals if the guy from knoxville isn't interested still
Never try and negotiate on something that's free...

My tip of the day.

Allen

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You do realize I was not seeking work here. Your reply caught me by surprise. Since we don't seem to be on the same wavelength, what I was offering was to help you sort out your issue and not to take it on as a "job". These cars are not controlled by computers, sensors, and some computer software developed by a team of engineers. (which by the way, my degree is in Computer Science but I'm retired from that now) With a little research and learning, even you could sort out your issue. It would just possibly be faster if you have someone else experienced in it helping you. And who knows, you might even have made a friend while working on this.

Back to our mismatched wavelengths, I'm not interested in getting involved on your wavelength. If you decide to join me on my wavelength and have a fellow gearhead work with you, you know where to find me.

961 - 980 of 1489 Posts