Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1516 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
More than one, In 12yrs I have not had any issues with cj's. If an item is not in stock I order it from elsewhere. Most often if it is in stock I drive the 45mins and pick it up. kip

·
Registered
7,460 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,731 Posts
It’s a mixed bag. I’ve used them if I needed something and NPD didn’t have it in stock. Always got it quick with no issues. Everyone has a seat at the table, just prefer ORP and NPD for my big ticket items.

·
Registered
1970 Ford Mustang, Windsor 302 V8, C4 Automatic Transmission, Holley 600 Carburetor
742 Posts
i think it depends where you live. they only seem to ship from PA. but thats not the only reason i avoid cj personally
This is nice, but do you have an update on the car? Everyone here is itching to know what progress you have made.

·
Registered
1967 mustang coupe v8 289
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,430 ·
i just installed the summit 500cfm carb in today. and holy poopoo what a difference. i thought my engine was gonna take off into space. i might have cracked the fuel rail though because its leaking. oops.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
i just installed the summit 500cfm carb in today. and holy poopoo what a difference. i thought my engine was gonna take off into space. i might have cracked the fuel rail though because its leaking. oops.
Hair Nose Head Hand Arm

·
Premium Member
6,219 Posts
So, you changed two things at once. The intake and carb. It could have been a vacuum leak or the carb. Do you have another 4V carb you could swap just for grins.

·
Spammer Hammer
12,745 Posts
Are the carbs you are trying new or used?
It may have been suggested already, but have you considered swapping a on a decent aluminum 4 barrel intake like a Edelbrock RPM or Weiand Stealth or Street Warrior and a new 4V carb like a Summit 500CFM? Nothing extravagant or too large…but at least they are new parts that won’t break the bank.
Just reminiscing the good ol’ days…

·
Registered
1970 Ford Mustang, Windsor 302 V8, C4 Automatic Transmission, Holley 600 Carburetor
742 Posts
I guess throwing the parts money at this situation did work, but is not recommended. Atleast you got the problem solved. Now are you going to put the credits at the end of this thread? How about the directors, producers, actors?

[EDIT] This thread has been going on so long that I thought you fixed the problem from how people were reacting.

·
Registered
1967 mustang coupe v8 289
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,439 ·
I guess throwing the parts money at this situation did work, but is not recommended. Atleast you got the problem solved. Now are you going to put the credits at the end of this thread? How about the directors, producers, actors?
who said it was solved? engine is still shaky and weird with the new carb. vacuum is lower too. 14-15. it'll smooth out a bit above 1000rpm. at least the mixture screws have an effect but still wont smooth out perfectly. i also noticed my timing pointer isnt steady either. tried to set my timing and it jumps between marks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
who said it was solved? engine is still shaky and weird with the new carb. vacuum is lower too. 14-15. it'll smooth out a bit above 1000rpm. at least the mixture screws have an effect but still wont smooth out perfectly. i also noticed my timing pointer isnt steady either. tried to set my timing and it jumps between marks.
I'll give some honest advice since I didn't understand your whole issue before. Have you made any changes to your timing after putting on the new carburetor? Have you tried adjusting it with the new carburetor yet? Also, what were the end results on trying to fix the lifter/pushrod?

1421 - 1440 of 1516 Posts