Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sequential tail lights from Mustang Project have been working great for months until my buddy commented on how nice the LEDs looked the other night. ::

They both work with the car off and just after starting, but sometime after one goes out completely and the other flickers. I'm having no other electrical problems except for my volt meter gauge sometimes bounces around, long before this. All my other lights, radio, antenna, gauges and so on work fine.

Alternator is putting out plenty of juice. Anyone have any ideas? Where could I start trouble shooting?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just to eliminate the new LED lights (I have them too) I'd be tempted to stick bulbs and the original flasher back in (prob 15 minutes max) and then test out the circuitry. I think I did read somewhere that the LED setup does need more juice so you should make sure your alternater is putting out the correct 13.8 volts. BTW I had to sand my socket contacts some to get good connectivity, you may have some corrosion since the first install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts