Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a trunk lid from Maier Racing back in September. They charged my credit card immediately and said it would be at my door in 4-6 weeks. Here we are 3 months later and no deck lid. I have been in contact every week with David Blake for the last five weeks and it is always the same story. "It will be done and out for sure by next Friday". Five Fridays in a row and I have had enough. How can a company stay in business with BS like this. Anyone else have issues with them? Does anyone know anyone that works there that can light a fire under their a$$? I am a patient person but this is BS. I thought they were a reputable company and never thought they would pull this crap. I told them if I do not have a tracking number by next Friday I am filing a claim with my Credit Card co against them. Unbelievable! :wall:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
By law your card cannot be charged until the product is shipped. Maybe you should remind them of that and ask them for the number of their State's Consumer Affairs
Department.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Obsidian,

I just ordered some flares from MAS Racing in Minnesota. And they were CHEAP!!! They had them in stock, and they should arrive next week. I'll let you know how they look! Max

·
Registered
893 Posts
You may be out of luck on your credit card claim as there is a limit on how many days have passed since purchase...check and see....good luck I am sure they are just having some kind of production prob....

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Not sure about the # of days that you have to file BUT I was a victim of the Whizco fiasco on this forum a while back and I filed and received my money 6 months after the initial credit card transaction.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Calif Department of Consumer Affairs, information line: 800-952-5210. www.dca.ca.gov/

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Your situation really sucks. Unfortuanalty it seems like it is getting more common with Maier. It seems the bigger they get the worse things become. Many moons ago when they were a small shop in Hayward Ca and Bill was just starting out the product were top notch and great service.

I purchased a few of there products about 3 years ago only because no one else made them and was NOT happy with quialty and choose NOT to purchase direct because I had choice of buying from vendor who had them in stock and paying for and geting them all be it paying more for this or they wanted me to pay in advance with CC and it would be surposidly 3 weeks direct.

Having heard some of stories I opted not to order direct. I think you are going about this the correct way. You should have no problem with disputing with your CC they will simply send you out a form letter which you tell them the item was promised buy such and such date and you will be credited you charges.

I would also however consider contacting the consumer affairs dept if your upset enough. That call is yours. I guess the thingif you want to lite a fire under there arse you might consider to send a link to Maier about this post and others so they can see the reputation they are starting to revieve from the people they are trying to market there products too.

They have recently started to introduced new products and also carry more 5.0 items but if they damage there rep and word or mouth can do that much more than anything they just might sit up and take notice. Might even get you your trunk deck lid.

Just a few thoughts
Mark

·
Registered
278 Posts
A good friend of mine had that problem. :: Put a stop payment/
refund on his order and it was shipped in two weeks. :: They
can't by law do that and have you pay finance charges on it.
M

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has become painfully obvious to me that the various distributors of their products get all of their attention and that when orders from them come in, enthusiasts like myself who made the mistake of ordering direct from them, and they have taken the money up front from, get bumped to the end of the list. Your integrity and reputation is all you have in life and especially in business. I hope my post saves some other potential customers the grief that I have had to deal with for the last three months. They have obviously lost sight of the little man over their years in business. Hopefully they can step up and make things right with me. I'll post what the end result is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased a one piece fiberglass valance/spoiler combo for my 69 and the fit and finished sucked. They have a policy that they won't take a product back without an "authorization number". They fail to mention, it is impossible to get that number because they do everything in there power to dazzle you with BS on the phone. "It's your car, not the part".Try this ,try that, and my favorite, " Have a guy on each side of the car squeezing in the bottom fronts of the fender while a 3rd buttons it up". My body guy :chainsaw: had to cut it into 4 pieces, install the end pieces first then glass the 2 front sections on the installed pieces. The labor wound up costing 2.5 times the purchase price of the part. They SUCK. Never again. :pissed:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I finally got my trunk lid today. It only took 3 1/2 months and a threat to file a claim against them with my credit card company to get it. As far as the trunk lid goes, I am very happy with it. I installed it on the car today and after the normal adjusting it fits great. If you are contemplating ording anything from them, be prepared to wait a good while. Maybe start riding them early to put pressure on them to get your order out. I am just glad to have a trunk lid on my car again! :winkgrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts