Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Procar seats? I just purchased new front seats directly from Scat Mfg. They are the same seats you can find thru CJ Pony parts. I also bought covers for the rear seats. I have no complaints about the looks of the seats. My problem is with the installation. (I have a 66 hardtop). You are required to purchase their mounting bracket. They are about 70.00 per seat. Seats themselves were about 440.00. If everything fit as designed, there would be no problem. However, first of all, one of the mounting brackets arrived with no installation hardware (bolts and washers). I had to go to store and purchase my own.

Second and biggest problem is:
Once you install the sliders to the bottom of the seats, there are tabs on the sliders which the mounting bracket attaches. There are 3 slots on the tabs. The one you use will determine the height of your seats. The problem is that the bracket is about a quarter of an inch too long. It physical will not fit between the tabs on the slider. I was able to spread the tabs out and make it fit on the highest and middle tab position, but the seats are still a little to high for me. There is no way to make it fit without cutting the bracket ends off, which are threaded.

Any experience or suggestions? Right now, I would not recommend these seats. Support from manufacturer. at this point, has basically been nil.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Pics would probably help. I have installed 3 sets of pro car seat with their brackets and the only problem I had was on a 67. Had to trim the tab a little so it would fit tighter to the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
20,060 Posts
I have Procar seats. My only complaint about the seat bases is that the mounting bolts aren't captured. Otherwise no issues at all. I'm not a big guy, 6' 170# and it's a little tight getting in and out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We put a set of the extra wide Rally seats in a 65 coupe , found them to be up too high even on the lowest setting . We ended up cutting out the seat mount ( upper floor ) fabricating our own cross braces , modified the seat track and bolted them directly to the those braces . This basically lowered the seat about 2-3" . FWIW we put them in a 67 Camaro and felt they we too high in that car also , another set in a 67 El Camino but they fit nicely

·
Registered
20,060 Posts
We put a set of the extra wide Rally seats in a 65 coupe , found them to be up too high even on the lowest setting . We ended up cutting out the seat mount ( upper floor ) fabricating our own cross braces , modified the seat track and bolted them directly to the those braces . This basically lowered the seat about 2-3" . FWIW we put them in a 67 Camaro and felt they we too high in that car also , another set in a 67 El Camino but they fit nicely
Kind of my feeling too. I had actually picked up a set of 1970 seats to put in. These belonged to my old boss who had a 65fb. He's has about 40 or so pounds on me. He must have used them maybe a half dozen times then stored them at work. He said make me an offer. I had $250 and he took it. I was going to sell the 70 seats but decided to hold on to them. They're actually in pretty good shape with just 1 tear in the side of one seat. I may end putting them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts