Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new windshield and rear glass molding for my fastback. I haven't heard much good or bad about the repo stuff. Should I stick to original or is there any real difference? I don't care anything about originality (obviously) - just about quality.

Thanks -

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
All of the replacement glass I've seen is fine and is a lot cheaper than NOS/used and repro Carlite. If you are ever going to show the car you would lose points for non Carlite glass

·
Administrator
19,493 Posts
The rear moldings for 68s at least, surprisingly, aren't bad at all. I have no problem with them on my fastback. The repro front pieces are pure crap, however. Find NOS or good originals that can be buffed. You can indent the front moldings with your thumb very easily.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the replacement glass I've seen is fine and is a lot cheaper than NOS/used and repro Carlite. If you are ever going to show the car you would lose points for non Carlite glass
I have the glass - I need the molding. My rear glass was fine and I picked up a new front windshield (Ford - Carlite) for 100.00.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have read that the rear FB moulding does not fit well. Might find used original for ~100 or NOS for $200-$250

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Where'd you get the windshield glass for just $100 if I may ask?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I had a set of repros for my 65 fastback that simply did not fit well. Find a set of originals, if you can. Dickson

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My neighbor has an auto glass business. The mustang windshields are readily available and his dealer cost was
~ 100.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts