Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I started working on my red 66 Coupe, and today we (me and my father) removed the patch panels, bondo, tar, goo, silicone, and mountains of seam sealer that some PO had brilliantly slopped in to cover fair-sized rust holes in the trunk. We
discovered that several panels are rusted out on one end, and thatthe driver's side trunk floor is gone. The DS floor piece is the hereblack piece shown , and I need to know what
it’s called so I can order one from LMM.

We popped the spotwelds on the trunk floor loose with a narrow mason’s chisel and a
BFH, and destroyed the lower part of the taillight panel and the DS taillight panel brace-thingy with a drill when we tried to separate the two. So, that brings up my second whats-it-called: what’s the name of the taillight panel brace-thingy that welds on the rectangular bump in the picture referenced above? We beat the H*** outta what was left of it getting the spotwelds out and now I need a new one.

Sorry for being so long-winded and not having more pics, but we gave up on our digital camera and tossed it and haven’t gotten a new one yet.

Thanks in advance

Kyle

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
The part in your picture is called a trunk drop-off floor, or Trunk floor pan. The second piece that you mention is often called the bumper support bracket or Inner Rear of Trunk Bracket, which is a sloping piece from the tailight to the trunk drop-off floor.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Midlife is right, and LMM has em in stock (ask me how I know, I'm having the entire trunk to front floors replaced so I know how PO hacks can be!). What parts of OH? Good luck!

Kelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts