Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to distance myself socially and from the constant drone of news, I've been tackling some mustang projects that had been placed on the back burner. This week I've removed all seats and pulled out both rear quarter glass assemblies and re-bushed the regulators, giving them a liberal application of grease. I also got in a brand new Scott Drake steering wheel and got that installed today. (Hat tip to Jerry at Scott Drake who guided me through cancellation pin positioning and steering column adjustments!) I installed a beautiful new dash last night.

For the next week I'll move on to the vent window rubber replacement and belt whisker wipers.

Making lemonade out of lemons.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
505 Posts
no pics but I installed the rear end on my 67 and lowered leaf springs, today I am putting in my sway bar, ( almost finished but i got dereailed by one of the spacers disappearing halfway in the project, then I figured i will toy around and try to line up my hood.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I guess tomorrow I'll pull my export brace, Monte Carlo bar, and sway bar, clean them up real good, and then put a couple of coats of Rustoleum #7777 on them so they can match up to the rest of the engine compartment. That and reload some more ammo since there's been a run on it and hard to find some of the good stuff lately.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I've been cutting grass (weeds) at home and at the out-laws' before the rain comes back, but tomorrow we plan to remove the seats from my son's car, strip them to the frames, paint them and take them to my upholstery guru to be fitted with the new seat foam and deluxe upholstery, while he and I upholster the quarters and install the kick panel carpet and trim. We also have a new woodgrain wheel and center cap !

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm going to have to mow grass as soon as it stops raining. Since my area didn't get a real Winter this year, I'll be mowing a month and half early this year. Did I mention that l hate mowing? Then I'lll try to move my 66 coup project that has a skunk living under it.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,475 Posts
I got a Ford 95A 3G alternator from the JY mocked up, wired up & did the final install.

Reactions: Nos681

·
Registered
176 Posts
All of the above sounds like a lot more fun than a timing chain/water pump replacement on my wife’s Cobalt. The chain was starting to make noise, the water pump, I figured I might as well as long as I was in there. 220,000 miles, I guess I can’t complain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@BeamishDog it's too bad that there isn't a "don't like" button because, if there was, I'd hit it on your post. That looks like a miserable thankless job. Good luck in there. I'm sure you wish you were turning 50-year old bolts rather than a modern timing chain.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
@BeamishDog it's too bad that there isn't a "don't like" button because, if there was, I'd hit it on your post. That looks like a miserable thankless job. Good luck in there. I'm sure you wish you were turning 50-year old bolts rather than a modern timing chain.
Reminds me when I was debating to replace the timing belt on our 89 Honda. First step: remove engine mount on the driver's side. I said "Screw it" and did it when the rear main started leaking later on and had to pull the engine anyway.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Reminds me when I was debating to replace the timing belt on our 89 Honda. First step: remove engine mount on the driver's side. I said "Screw it" and did it when the rear main started leaking later on and had to pull the engine anyway.
Yes, engine mount had to come off and I’m fighting the balancer. I had to enlongate the holes on my puller because the spread wasn’t big enough. I thought the pan had developed a leak since the last oil change, but it looks like it’s between the block and lower crankcase. I’m not pulling the engine to fix it, I say “F*** That!” I’d like to have a few private words with some GM engineers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts