Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the hood and trunk lid and attachments, the doors and hinges, a chunk of the front suspension, the power steering system and other miscellaneous items.

Tommorrow's plan is to take out the rest of the front suspension (I need to borrow a spring compressor) and rear suspension and other odds and ends under the car.

Next weekend I'm on a Boy Scout campout, so the week after I'm hoping to pull the engine and tranny. It's getting near to just a shell!!

I had to grind down a 1/2" bolt head because the threads were stripped and the bolt wouldn't back out (naturally, the bolt in question is the lower fender bolt, which is recessed). Took about a half hour of grinding, with a stop part way through to purchase another grinding wheel - the first cracked into three pieces!).

But the best news of all - no significant rust in the cowl area. I'm gonna try to clean it, then coat it with corrolos. I don't have to open the cowl - yeah!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
That's great, Mike.

By the way, where are you headed on the campout?

My son and I are headed for Pico Blanco Scout Camp next weekend for Summer camp (1 week). Should be great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts