Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow - gone for 3 day and over 400 post, I will never see all those.

I finally received my new leaf springs from NPD. 3 hrs later they were installed. Of all the horror stories of frozen spring bolts I had heard here, mine came off without any problem. I went out of a test spin and they sure make a difference when going over by bumps and railroad tracks.

But I did a big time doofus. I head a knock from the rear when pulling back into my drive. I had failed to tighten the lugs on the driver's side. The lugs only had a couple turns left before they would of come off. I sure escaped a disaster this time.

Onto the front suspension now.

John L. Anschutz
Allen, TX
68 Diamond Blue Coupe - 302
68 Acapulco Blue Coupe - I6 - 200
http://www.dallas.net/~jjmsansc/parts/Stangs.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
good going on the leaf springs. i had to get the sawzall out on my fastback.

i replaced the rear brakes on my wife's honda about a month ago. she kept complaining about a weird thumping sound from the back... i forgot to tighten the lugnuts on the rear left side!!

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had the right rear tire come off on me once while driving the car. This was not a pleasant experience and it did a fair amount of body damage in the process.

Jim Gates
72 Mach 1 - 460, C6
65 Olds 4-4-2, 400 ci, 4-sp
71 Dart Swinger 340 - Project in the queue

·
Registered
326 Posts
Being a roadracer, I know the value of a torque wrench when tightening lug nuts. No - not to me. But I have seen it many times.

Keith

64 1/2 coupe built around April 30, 1964
was a 260 3-speed becoming a 5.0 5-speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts