Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to talk to my dad today about the car, and tomorrow i start on getting it out into the yard so i can do some work on it. The 5.0 is still under negotiation, but i'm striving for it. i've decided that i want to add a fiberglass hood with reverse cowl induction. Some GT/CS side scoops lower it a half inch and stick some 16 inch wheels under it if possible. I'm going to do a break upgrade on the front, i've got a parts car with the mini booster and front end parts (Mustang II Swap) if thats possible. Paint is going to be raven black with some silver stripes along the sides. For wheels its either some mags or if i'm lucky enough to get my hands on some TTD's those will work too. Interior is going to be red (like original, although exterior was wimbeldon white.) When the time comes for engine and trans i'm looking at bone stock 302 and adding some ported heads to it with slightly oversize valves, headers, intake and carb. (I'm gonna let someone else tackle the cam)headers and dual exhaust. Now i just need some of those GT Emblems or some Cobra Jet Emblems and i'll be set? Maybe boss?? Infinte dreams....

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Congrats!! Good luck, and have fun. Sounds like it's going to be a real cool stang, love the color scheme.
Oh just one more thing....I wouldn't put GT on it if it's not a GT, wouldn't put Cobra Jet on since it's not a 428, and wouldn't put--well, you get the idea. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i know, isn't exactly right..but its a restomod. I'm not going to restore it, so i might as well have some fun with it too. Gotta love that car.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think what 67_mustang is trying to say is that when you put 428 cobra jet emblems on a car without a cobra jet engine is similar to the ricer's that put NOS stickers on their bone stock civic. Now if you put a cobra jet in the car then by all means get the emblems. Just a thought. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts