Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just thought that I would post some progress pictures of my fastback. Checck out my cardomain site and go to page 6 and let me know that you guys think!

Also, I was crawling up under my dash to take a look at the cowl, and I must say that the drivers side doesn't look too bad, mainly just surface rust, but I may have to go with the plastic hats, anyways, how do I check the passenger side hat area. Do I need to completely remove teh heater box? Thanks guys!

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
If it's anything like on a 66 you'll have to remove the heater. The passenger side on my 66FB was much worse than the driver's side. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you're going to have to pull the heater.

Question: Did you salvage the front fenders and hood that came on the car?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your gonna have to change the name of the stang. It's no longer ugly. It might not be pretty. But it sure ain't ugly anymore.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Keep up the good work! Thanks for the progress report. At a minimum you need to remove the heater box to inspect the cowl and possibly cover it with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator, POR15 or a similar product. Eastwood's stuff can be bought in an aerosol can and is very easy to apply.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Car looks nice! But you might want to consider changing the dog's name - You're setting yourself up for a lawsuit! :lol:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Loooks like your doing a great job. Can't wait to see it when your done. Wat are your plans, is it going to be a Shelby Clone or are you returning it to stock?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looking good!
Covering the heater will work. I took mine out so I could grind the welds from the inside. Weather and the fact that I have to wait for my brother-in-law to clear space near the welder(his shop)are holding me back. I would love to be as far along as it looks like you are getting.
Keep the pics comming!! Love to see the progress!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
left ya some words of encouragement on your car domain site

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys! Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I work nightshift and I really don't get much time to get on here. But now to answer a few questions.

1. I did not salvage the front fenders or hood. Those all came off of a donor car that I bought.

2. I do plan on turning it back to stock although someday I might try to find another fastback for a shelby clone.

"Car looks nice! But you might want to consider changing the dog's name - You're setting yourself up for a lawsuit! " Very hillarious. I had better watch myself!

Again, thanks guys for all the encouragement! Next step is pulling the motor. Wish me luck and I wish a Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Makes you wonder between what the other guy did to make it hideous and with what you have to do to repair it how many hours of labor will this car have seen by the end? Thats some dedication you got there Bud. Looking much much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts