Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I painted the underside with POR-15, taped off where the frame rails will weld too, welded the frame rails in yesterday (did the floors about 6 months ago). Grind down the welds today, touch up any weld screw-ups, then touch up with a brush the POR15.
I was going to do the chassis coat after this, but the POR-15 is soooooo smooth, I think I will leave it as is, lot easier to clean off. I also recently did the entire inside of the cowl with the POR-15 (I lucked out---the cowl area, even aroud the hat, was in excellent shape)and the inside of the firewall to about the seat riser with the POR-15.
Oh yeah, sent off my auto brake pedal assy to have it converted to stick. Sent off the power stearing assy, including the box, to be rebuilt.
Next on the agenda is finish up the rear end rebuild. Dissasembled the rear, vated out the housing, painted it, now need to order the 31 spline axles and a 3:70 traction lock from Mieyer (spell?) Racing, reassemble & hang. Then do the grease mod to the new UCA.
Got the roller spring perch's, and roller (?) strut rods , sooooo after the above grease mod, I can do the front end. Oh yeah, did the shelby drop, and when I ordered the "super" suspension kit, got the 1 inch lowered front 620 springs. Will keep everyone posted. Later, ken

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nice progress! Did you the POR15 Metal Ready to etch the new metal? POR15 did not stick very well to my new rear frame rails. Once i used the etching product the regula POR15 worked great.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts