Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know why I procrastinated. I don't wish this kind of work on anyone.

Starting point: A 12" wide marked area, 44 running feet from house to garage.

The Goal: dig a 27" deep trench from the house to 2 access points in the garage, One for gas and one for electric and low voltage cable.

Progress???

After 11 hours of hand digging, I still have 12 feet of about 14 inches of wet clay to pick and shovel out of the ground. The clay comes after the 2 layers of black dirt added after the garage was built and mixed clay added by myself and the builders when the house was put up. This clay is full of field stone and other debris that's been there since the ice age. I should be done my mid morning Saturday and can take a break at Menard's buying my supplies. It'll be much easier to bury my work next week after the rough in and testing!

Thank you for your support. ::

·
Registered
182 Posts
It sounds like you're almost there. I took a look at the construction of your garage and it looks great. The final details tend to burn you out; however, you'll have a great home for the mustang when you're done. Just keep picking away (no pun intended). Good Luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you! I'll have to have an open house (garage) party when it's truly done. I'm hoping for next spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts