Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took the motor out last night, swapped on the old original motor mounts, and tried to line it all back up, an hour later (pulling both motor mounts and replacing them solo is a pain!) still a no go on the tranny mount and crossmember mating up. Pulled the new tranny mount off and reinspected it compared to the orginal. Guess what!! the holes on the new one are 1/4 inch forward of the original. Turned the holes in the new one into slots and bingo, it fits, now the motor mounts are on the frame brackets and the tranny mount is in the crossmember, and the crossmember is bolted up. All is not peachy though, in the process of comparing/inspecting everything again, I found out one of my new motor mounts is busted. Guess when I get to texas I get to lift the motor up again and swap in a new mount on the drivers side. Oh well. the bolts are partway through the mounts/brackets, just trying to get the back side lined up on the RH side and the front holes lined up on the LH side, then I can put on the bolts and call it a day. On a brighter note, I was right about my deck height. With the carb and air cleaner installed that bad boy is way to tall for the original hood, well at least without a scoop... Cowl hood here I come!!. Anyone have any good tricks to line up the motor mount holes with the ones on the frame brackets?? Doing this solo is taking its toll. More injuries then are justified... I'm sure there is a doofus award hidden in there somewhere......

-A.J.

P.S. Thanks all that posted here in response to my questions and those in chat with ideas on what could of been wrong!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts