Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some progress on the front end today. I bought a hardware kit for the headlights so everything fits and adjusts nicely. Did some bodywork on the front valance and blasted it all down to the bare metal and primed it. Wanted to put it all back in place so Beth could see it when she got home....I have the week off :D Tomorrow I'll tackle the fenders.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2214/2051377036_1474ea831a.jpg

Dale

My Flickr Gallery

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Looks good. :thumbup:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Looks great. I'm also blessed with a wife that loves Mustangs and appreciates
any progress on OUR Stang.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it from Carolina Mustang. It's all the screws, the hardware for the adjustment screws, the springs and the mounting screws for everything. It only cost me $21 and included hardware for both sides. They're local to me and I new the owner's son when we were younger. This is not spam or propaganda but their prices are pretty good but I don't know about their shipping costs. Here's the link to the description of the part.

Link

This is my first REAL project car and I'm so excited about it that I can hardly contain myself :p

·
Registered
561 Posts
If Carolina Mustang burned to the ground it would be all right with me. I am shocked and amazed that anyone has ever shopped there more than once.

I am happy to share numerous first and second-hand stories about what a lousy business that is via PM.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so how do you REALLY feel? :p
I have just started dealing with them since this is my first Mustang. I find their prices more than competitive. I was buying my hood latch assembly, which doesn't come with the support and they didn't have one in stock. Jeff said that he had one and GAVE it to me...I'm sure that there have been more than one customer that has had a bad experience with them, it's just bound to happen over time. They have been in business for 37 years (according to Ray), so they must be doing something right. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, just stating my personal opinion and experience.

On a lighter note....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

G

·
Yep, like James, I have also had my own and heard of other not so good experiences with them. I have never had a problem or heard of anyone else having a problem with the owner's son Jeff though. He's a good guy and willing to do whatever needs to get done to take care of his customers. Also, on the late model side, Gary also takes care of his customers.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah, remember that you said you know Ray's son. I've had and heard so many negative experiences with Ray that I've made it a point to tell every Mustang owner in NC about him.

Like I said, if you want to read several stories that either happened to me or were related to me first person, I'm more than happy to pass them on.

On more than one occasion I have put away my car and ordered a part from Virginia Classic Mustang or NPD rather than drive the ten minutes over to his place to get it.

As for him being in business for 37 years, that's only because he's the only guy specializing in Mustangs with any inventory within a couple hundred miles. It aint his bubbly personality or his prices, I can assure you.

All I can do is lead horses to water. I can't make them drink.

Anyway, there are a couple of weekly cruises here in Raleigh, and the local Mustang club is pretty big. Hope to see you around and glad to see you've found the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts