Vintage Mustang Forums banner
961 - 980 of 1039 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
I would say PS cooler but that’s too easy…. And I doubt you are swapping the stacks for something in need of an intercooler……. Hmmmmmmm.
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner! Yes, it is for my P/S. I'm running my Ford pump with my rack and pinion. Every time I'm done driving the car the P/S pump is so hot I can't even touch it. To me, this is not normal. So, I'm not sure if the two components are not compatible or if my lines are so short the fluid doesn't have enough time to cool before being pressurized again.

I have heard of P/S pumps getting so hot they seize up. Since I'm going to be doing some VERY spirited driving for the AutotopiaLA shoot and I'm going to have to drive a good distance from my buddies house to the big Mustang car show in San Diego I want to add the cooler to see if it will help. My only other option is to buy a new style P/S pump with remote reservoir if this cooler doesn't work.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,731 Posts
I saw I was a day late and a dollar short. I just unboxed my side mirrors for my car and found that what I thought was 2 black chrome mirrors was a passenger black chrome and a driver’s brushed satin mirror. This is probably a 10 year old NPD order and of course they don’t carry the black chrome anymore. Inventory checking after a decade is not good….

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #969 ·
I saw I was a day late and a dollar short. I just unboxed my side mirrors for my car and found that what I thought was 2 black chrome mirrors was a passenger black chrome and a driver’s brushed satin mirror. This is probably a 10 year old NPD order and of course they don’t carry the black chrome anymore. Inventory checking after a decade is not good….
Yeah, I did that a couple times on my build. Learned I have to open the box and check as soon as I receive it instead of throwing it on the pile of "I don't need this yet." LOL. That was especially true with my transmission. Once I received the box it was a while before it was installation time. So, it sat for months. Good thing there were no issues with that one.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have received several suggestions on how to "show" people my build. Some have suggested a build book that I could display with the car and provide some mini explanation about the build. Some have suggested a mini display board that provides some pictures and bullet points about the car. Lastly, others have suggested handing out business cards that have the links to my build threads.

Out of all the suggestions, I like the business card idea the best. I don't want people grabbing a book off my radiator cover or reaching in the car to grab it off the passenger seat. I really don't want to drag a display board around. So, I think the business card idea works best for me. Small, light, easy to carry, hand out and people can look at my build when it's convenient for them, not while standing in front of the car at a car show.

I went to a website and created a DRAFT of what I thought was cool. The idea is to provide my screenname, the 2 websites the build is posted on and the thread titles, my name, the fact the car was a garage build and my YouTube channel. There is no contact information as I am not trying to say I can build a car for someone else. So, this is purely for informational purposes only.

This is what I came up with. What do you guys think of the design/card overall? Is it easy to understand? If I were to hand this to you at a car show would it make sense to you with very little to no explanation? I have not placed my order yet. So, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Rectangle Font Technology Commemorative plaque Signage

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
Other than not having any red in it, I like it.
Thank you Russ. I tried to use the same color of red as the car, but it didn't show well. The orange stands out more and looks easier to read. I'll try it again using a brighter red to see if it works.

Also, on the other site folks are saying I should add a QR code with the link to my thread. I've never created a QR code before. So, I'll do some research on that as well.

Appreciate the feedback my friend!!!

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #973 ·
Okay Everyone,

After receiving feedback from both sites this is the final product. The QR code leads to the thread on SVTP as SVTP is where I started to post my build. So, there is more information/pictures there from the beginning of the build.

Font Rectangle Poster Advertising Signage

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
I didn't go anything that elaborate but I did make up some handwritten cards for the glovebox of our Slingshot. When ever we pull in someplace we get bombarded with questions and if my wife is by herself, she has zero answers. So I did up cheat sheet with model year, engine type, HP, weight etc.
Been wondering about what to do with my Mustang and I may follow your lead on the business cards.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #976 ·
I didn't go anything that elaborate but I did make up some handwritten cards for the glovebox of our Slingshot. When ever we pull in someplace we get bombarded with questions and if my wife is by herself, she has zero answers. So I did up cheat sheet with model year, engine type, HP, weight etc.
Been wondering about what to do with my Mustang and I may follow your lead on the business cards.
That's awesome Huntingky! I don't mind talking about my car. However, this will be my first big showing and I'm expecting a lot of questions, which I don't mind talking about. I tried to figure out how to help folks who may want more information on my build, but may not have the time or desire to talk with me for a long period of time. I tried to figure out the best way to get people to view my thread as they can look all they want and find all the answers too.

As mentioned before, I don't claim to know everything. So, I asked for feedback. Based on a lot of feedback from folks the business card with a QR code was born. The business card design is all mine, but the card idea itself and the QR code comes from others suggestions.

I felt the business card route was the best option for me as I did not want people grabbing a picture book off my car or having a display board next to my car. The business card is small, easy to handle, easy to distribute to those interested in my build and were cost effective. So, overall I'm happy with this way of providing the information to those interested or who are just curious. Hopefully my build will ultimately inspire others to start this hobby or start wrenching on something they have in their garage that has been sitting for years.

Every time my wife looks at the first page of my build (on SVTP) she says my car was a piece of junk LMAO!!! I say it was never a piece of junk and that she just couldn't see the vision until now LOL.

Cool to know you may go this route as well.

Thanks for always viewing my thread and providing comments my friend!!! Always appreciate guys like you, @Russstang , @Grabber70Mach , @MidnightExpress , @Kjsmitty , @dreamspace1 , @Badbenz94 , @blueovalfan68 , @1969FB , @QuietChris, @RTM and @SLO65351 . You guys have been great! Cannot thank you guys enough for all your contributions to my build thread!!!

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #977 ·
Hello Everyone,

Got my P/S cooler installed. Just the cooler itself. My hoses and fittings will not be here until the beginning of next week.

I actually think it looks pretty cool. I'm happy with it so far. We will see how it looks once the hoses are installed.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Grille

Got the mounting area taped off and center marked.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Vehicle

Got the P/S fluid cooler taped up and center marked. Everything lined up and ready to install.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting

And here it is installed. I had mounting foam with sticky back left over from the radiator install and I used it to completely cover the bottom of the cooler. You can see the black foam between the radiator support and cooler. Worked out well.
Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

These straight on shots really show the cooler, but when you are looking at the car close up you really don't see it. You will have to be a few feet away from the car to see it. So far, everyone I asked has said it doesn't look bad since it's so small and not very noticeable. I like when it looks good AND it's functional LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #980 ·
I’m gonna be “ that guy” and ask ,”Could you flip it, cut holes and run hoses behind the valance”?
Lol, nothing wrong with being that guy Russ. I always enjoy feedback and suggestions.

Maybe I could, but it would require a lot of fabrication and repainting. There used to be two oval holes in the front of my radiator support. I filled them in for a cleaner look. So, if I flipped it I couldn't get in there to connect the hoses.

I would have to cut an access panel on the back side of the radiator support (under the radiator).

I suppose anything is possible. I just don't think the effort is worth it since this isn't a show car.

However, I do like the idea. Something Kindig would probably do. 👍

Besides, as mentioned, when you're standing near the car it takes a lot of effort to bend down and see that area. And when you're 10 feet or further away from the car it kind of disappears into the radiator.

961 - 980 of 1039 Posts