Vintage Mustang Forums banner
981 - 1000 of 1039 Posts

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
808 Posts
I like tucking or hiding both fluid and electrical lines to the maximum extent and would agree with Russstang, flipped would be ”cleaner”. But since you are waiting for AN fittings I’ll bet you’ll whip up some pretty nice plumbing. Once complete it will be “show & go”. 👍

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
I like tucking or hiding both fluid and electrical lines to the maximum extent and would agree with Russstang, flipped would be ”cleaner”. But since you are waiting for AN fittings I’ll bet you’ll whip up some pretty nice plumbing. Once complete it will be “show & go”. 👍
Thank you KJ! You know me, I'm all about the clean/sanitized look. However, in this case I was going for the 66 Cobra oil cooler look.

I think in the grand scheme of things this addition will work well with the overall look of the car. I think the AN fittings will fit in well and match my fuel lines.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,731 Posts
Lmao! I'm with you. Problem is when I think I'm done I think of something else :unsure:. Lol.
…and then it makes me think of something. If you won’t put a pin in this thing for yourself, do it for me…

• Haha
Reactions: Black Gold 380R

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
…and then it makes me think of something. If you won’t put a pin in this thing for yourself, do it for me…
I'll get there eventually Russ. Only so much I can do before it starts looking tacky or gaudy lol. Have to know when to call it quits.

I'm pretty sure this oil cooler is the last addition. I have a grill cover that was installed, but it interferes with my hood. I may have my fabricator fix it and then I'll reinstall it.

Oh and fixing my rear bumper and THEN I should be done lol.

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
808 Posts
I don’t know,,,,,
Half the fun of owning an older car (and this hobby) is working on them. I know I fully agreed with whomever said it here on VMF: “they are never really finished” or “are they ever really finished”…. 😄👍

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I'll get there eventually Russ. Only so much I can do before it starts looking tacky or gaudy lol. Have to know when to call it quits.

I'm pretty sure this oil cooler is the last addition. I have a grill cover that was installed, but it interferes with my hood. I may have my fabricator fix it and then I'll reinstall it.

Oh and fixing my rear bumper and THEN I should be done lol.
Then you’ll see some billet door lock knobs and on and on it will go… T-bird needs some love.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·
Then you’ll see some billet door lock knobs and on and on it will go… T-bird needs some love.
Damn, Russ. You must be clairvoyant. My new trunk latch wasn't working right. So, I had my powder coater clean and coat the old one.

I installed it on the 65 today. When I was done I fired up the T-Bird and got it up to operating temperature just to circulate the oil and use some gas.

I agree the T-Bird needs some work, but the 65 is priority until I get back from California.

So, the T-Bird will see minimal attention until early next year most likely.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·
Okay Everyone,

I needed my fabricator to build my P/S cooler lines. So, after talking it over with him we decided to just pass the project over to him all together. There were a couple other small items I wanted him to address anyway.

He said he should have it done in a day or two.

He has been working on his 1936 Chevy. It's coming along nicely.

He got my car up on the lift and I explained to him everything I would like done.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Here is my fabricator's 1936 Chevy. I'm no Chevy guy, but this thing looks cool.
Tire Hood Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·
I hope you didn’t show him that rear bumper!
I actually did Russ. A few months ago, but it's too late for him to fix it before the show now.

But, he said he will fix it for me eventually.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
Digging the Champ 500 wheels!! Always liked those :)

Chris
Yeah, he was telling me they don't make them anymore. I like them too. Something about a wheel with a spinner/knock off that just looks right on a classic car to me.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I actually did Russ. A few months ago, but it's too late for him to fix it before the show now.

But, he said he will fix it for me eventually.
It was just the obligatory bumper joke.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang 289/306 3spd coupe, 1966 Mustang 289 C4 coupe, 1965/64.5 Mustang 289 4spd convertible
1,430 Posts
Oh I got it Russ. Just clarifying that some of the other things I have him doing is not the rear bumper lol.
Run the rear bumper as is. Maybe the look will catch on. I've never been asked about mine at a cruise in What can I say, my car is not an eyecatcher. Just fun to drive and disturb the peace, but the day someone asks I'm just going to tell them the rear bumper looks like that because it doubles as a wheelie bar at the track. (Lies) :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·
Run the rear bumper as is. Maybe the look will catch on. I've never been asked about mine at a cruise in What can I say, my car is not an eyecatcher. Just fun to drive and disturb the peace, but the day someone asks I'm just going to tell them the rear bumper looks like that because it doubles as a wheelie bar at the track. (Lies) :ROFLMAO:
Good point. I might just do that. I have never been asked about my bumper in person. Only here where the pictures glaringly show how crooked it is LOL. In person people really don't notice it. However, I'm sure at car shows where people look closely and judges are looking to separate one car from another may use it against me LMAO!!!

Oh well, I still think my car is beautiful, handicapped @$$ and all LOL....

981 - 1000 of 1039 Posts