Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1039 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,001 ·
Hey I saw that you shaved the firewall pinch weld where the export brace to shock tower bolts. Do you have any pics of that process?
Hello krynn44. Thank you for viewing my build thread. Yes. That process is shown in post #25. If you're using a computer to view this thread it's on page 2.

Also, thank you for being post #1000 of my build thread. Pretty cool having 1000 posts in my build thread 🤘👍👊......

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,731 Posts
Yeah, some people make posts without really adding much value, other than adding to the post count. Not me, but some people…..
Sky Working animal Font Happy Adaptation

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Cp. Ford Laser Red. 351W stroked to a 427, Borla 8 stack injection system, VERY Custom.
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,005 ·
Wow 1000 post, I have a build thread and it is all post from me and thumbs ups from everyone else.
I will have to go check it out. I enjoy looking at build threads. I don't comment much unless I have knowledge about something that might help someone out. I try to only provide my opinion if the poster asks for it.

I always ask for opinions. I like to hear what people think about something I did or should do LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,008 ·
Just read the whole build thread ... fantastic job! Car is beautiful.
Thank you gspitale! LOL, guess we were looking at each others builds at the same time. I went into the September Ride of the Month thread and seen you posted your car and added a link to your build thread. So, I was looking at your whole build too.

Very awesome car you have. I love the engine/radiator cover. I was initially thinking about something exactly like that, but my fabricator convinced me to go in a different direction. I also love your interior. I feel my interior is a weak point when it comes to being custom, but I think it does follow the factory layout quite well IMO.

I seen you went with Schott wheels. Badass for sure. I love my Schott wheels. Those wheels take the cars to another level I think.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my build thread and for providing feedback. Greatly appreciated sir!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you gspitale! LOL, guess we were looking at each others builds at the same time. I went into the September Ride of the Month thread and seen you posted your car and added a link to your build thread. So, I was looking at your whole build too.

Very awesome car you have. I love the engine/radiator cover. I was initially thinking about something exactly like that, but my fabricator convinced me to go in a different direction. I also love your interior. I feel my interior is a weak point when it comes to being custom, but I think it does follow the factory layout quite well IMO.

I seen you went with Schott wheels. Badass for sure. I love my Schott wheels. Those wheels take the cars to another level I think.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my build thread and for providing feedback. Greatly appreciated sir!
The cover was a debate for sure! I personally think engines are beautiful, so was of the mindset to leave it exposed like you did. My builder convinced me to go with the cover - I like both. Painting the cover/engine bay same color but satin finish to me made it all work together quite well.

Another debate was the motor - I was all over the map. 363 short deck stroker, 4xx tall deck stroker, supercharged Coyote - I looked at them all. In the end I chose the Aluminator because it is rather unique and I love the sound of a high revving naturally aspirated v8. With the dumps open it sounds like the devil himself - my wife calls the dump switch "the ******* button". :)

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,010 ·
The cover was a debate for sure! I personally think engines are beautiful, so was of the mindset to leave it exposed like you did. My builder convinced me to go with the cover - I like both. Painting the cover/engine bay same color but satin finish to me made it all work together quite well.

Another debate was the motor - I was all over the map. 363 short deck stroker, 4xx tall deck stroker, supercharged Coyote - I looked at them all. In the end I chose the Aluminator because it is rather unique and I love the sound of a high revving naturally aspirated v8. With the dumps open it sounds like the devil himself - my wife calls the dump switch "the *** button". :)
Yeah, I think your cover was the way to go on your build and the satin look compliments it VERY well. I went with just the radiator cover on mine. I wanted to show my engine, but not the radiator or fans/shroud. What I tried to keep clean was the wiring and plumbing.

I think you made the right choice on the Aluminator. I love it when guys do something different with the engine. That's another reason I went with the 8 stack EFI. I love to see an 8 stack under the hood of a classic Mustang. They used to be a little more uncommon, but these days they seem to be popping up more often. No problem, it's still cool LOL.

And you're right, northing like the sound of a pissed off V8. My engine is not as high revving as yours, but my cam lope and side pipe exits make for a beautiful sound of symphony of destruction LMAO!!! I just have to start my car and I'm happy as hell. Don't even need to drive it, but that's fun too LOL.

Man, it would be cool to meet up with you and a few others around here (@Kjsmitty and @DrStang) and have all of our cars parked together. Now that would make for a hell of a show/fun day!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think you made the right choice on the Aluminator. I love it when guys do something different with the engine. That's another reason I went with the 8 stack EFI. I love to see an 8 stack under the hood of a classic Mustang. They used to be a little more uncommon, but these days they seem to be popping up more often. No problem, it's still cool LOL.

And you're right, northing like the sound of a pissed off V8. My engine is not as high revving as yours, but my cam lope and side pipe exits make for a beautiful sound of symphony of destruction LMAO!!! I just have to start my car and I'm happy as hell. Don't even need to drive it, but that's fun too LOL.
Ford says it makes peak power at 7800 rpm so it is a screamer for sure.

I'm in north Dallas area (Frisco) - I think you're on the opposite end of a very big state... would be fun to get together.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,012 ·
Ford says it makes peak power at 7800 rpm so it is a screamer for sure.

I'm in north Dallas area (Frisco) - I think you're on the opposite end of a very big state... would be fun to get together.
You're ****ting me? You live in Frisco? HA HA this is great! My daughter lives in Frisco...... Also, @Kjsmitty is in the Dallas area. We might be able to make this happen one day. Holy crap LOL. Too cool. We will have to see if we can all meet up at a car show in Dallas next year some time.(y)(y)(y).....

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
808 Posts
I would be down for that 380R…. 😀
I’ll admit I haven’t ventured much further than about 15 miles from my driveway in my 65. Currently have about 180 miles of shakedown complete. Once I have about 500 I plan to schedule a Dyno session.
Definitely an impressive build gspitale. Of course you had my interest at the color Blue and Aluminator.. 👍 I’m over in the Rockwall area. I known there are “many” nice classics in my county/area but very few gatherings that I have found or heard of.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,014 ·
I’ll admit I haven’t ventured much further than about 15 miles from my driveway in my 65. Currently have about 180 miles of shakedown complete. Once I have about 500 I plan to schedule a Dyno session.
Definitely an impressive build gspitale. Of course you had my interest at the color Blue and Aluminator.. 👍 I’m over in the Rockwall area. I known there are “many” nice classics in my county/area but very few gatherings that I have found or heard of.
I'm with you KJ. I have just over 100 miles on my car and have only driven it around my part of town. My tuner wants me to drive my car to his shop, but his shop is near downtown AND I have to drive on the freeway to get there. Uh, nope. Trailering my car to his shop LMAO!!! Once I get more miles on it AND the car has it's final tune I'll drive it a little further.

I have no idea where this is exactly, but apparently there is a car show in Frisco in the Spring. I think this one was in March of 2021. Doesn't have to be Frisco where we meet up, but just posting this as a possible as I have no idea about car shows/meets in the Dallas area....

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm with you KJ. I have just over 100 miles on my car and have only driven it around my part of town. My tuner wants me to drive my car to his shop, but his shop is near downtown AND I have to drive on the freeway to get there. Uh, nope. Trailering my car to his shop LMAO!!! Once I get more miles on it AND the car has it's final tune I'll drive it a little further.

I have no idea where this is exactly, but apparently there is a car show in Frisco in the Spring. I think this one was in March of 2021. Doesn't have to be Frisco where we meet up, but just posting this as a possible as I have no idea about car shows/meets in the Dallas area....

That show picture is in Frisco at a place called The Revel Patio Grill. There's a local outfit called Mustang Sally Productions that seems to do one there about once a month.

That was the first show I took mine a few weeks back. Decent turnout - maybe 75 cars or so.

I think I've got ~450 miles on mine now in total.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kjsmitty - do you have a build thread? Would love more pics of your car.

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
808 Posts
Kjsmitty - do you have a build thread? Would love more pics of your car.
I do not..😟
Started my 65 Coupe project back in July 2014 and it wasn’t until 3 years later in 2017 that I joined VMF.
Should've, would’ve, could’ve - but was probably just being lazy.. 😬

450 miles,, You’ve been driving. 👍
As of today I have mine to the point where I should just be driving and fixing the little things that pop up.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,018 ·
That show picture is in Frisco at a place called The Revel Patio Grill. There's a local outfit called Mustang Sally Productions that seems to do one there about once a month.

That was the first show I took mine a few weeks back. Decent turnout - maybe 75 cars or so.

I think I've got ~450 miles on mine now in total.
When I looked at the pictures you posted the area in the YouTube video looked like the area you were at for the car show you went to. Pretty cool you were at the show that is put on in that same parking lot.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,019 ·
Okay Everyone,

My fabricator got my car finished up this afternoon. I picked the car up in the evening to let rush hour traffic die down. This cooler works great. When I drove the car without it my P/S pump would get so hot I couldn't touch it. Now when I drive the car the P/S pump still gets hot but I can at least touch it now.

I placed my hand on my radiator cap and it was pretty hot. I placed my hand on the P/S cooler itself and it was cooler than my radiator cap. So, I think this is going to work very well.

Here you can see the P/S cooler lines. They are clamped together, so they still look like one line once they come together. Also, when the car is on the ground the top of the cooler really isn't that visible.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Tire Hood

This is the view from the top of the grill area looking down. I have a grill cover, but it doesn't fit well right now (interferes with the hood ability to close). My fabricator will address that issue later on. So, when the cover is in place you will not see this.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

This is in the fender well area. The lines go in through my sway bar mounting point. The wheels were clocked all the way left and right and are no where close to touching the lines. I asked my fabricator to zip tie the lines to the support bar to keep them from moving around. I really have no place to mount them as any screws placed on the panel will go through and be visible in the engine bay.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

This is the view looking down into the engine compartment. Looks really good and still pretty clean. Overall I'm very happy with the results visually as well as functionality.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Sorry, I just thought this was a cool shot of the under carriage LOL..... You can barely see the wrap on the H pipe even from this angle.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,020 · (Edited)
Okay Everyone,

Started getting the final details taken care of with the car.

On Saturday I did some paint fixing. I needed to touchup areas that got damaged. The main area was where the hydraulic clutch leaked on my frame rail.

Here you can see how bad the damage is. The paint developed veins from the fluid. This close up really shows the damage, but as you back out it does disappear.
Material property Tints and shades Auto part Metal Motor vehicle

Here you can see I filled in the grey areas with paint using a paint brush. I laid it in pretty thick to try and "fill" the damaged areas.
Material property Gas Fixture Tints and shades Auto part

This shows how it looks if someone really sticks their heads in the engine bay to get a closer look at things. Although you can still see the damage/veins most people will not notice it.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

This shows how it looks when most people look into the engine bay. The color and damage fades into the surrounding area and disappears or is camouflaged depending on how look at it. Based on this picture I'm satisfied with the repair overall.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle

1001 - 1020 of 1039 Posts