So the last week or so I have been doing bodywork to the undercarriage. No huge goals here, just trying to make it look like it wasn't patched together from a half dozen different panels(which it of course was)...but body work eventually gets boring, so I moved on to doing the arning drop today:
I used a plate from SoT....but really, anyone could easily take some measurements, this just saved me about an hour of measuring and double checking, well worth the price.
Drilled a pilot hole, then followed through with a step bit that maxed out at 1/2"
To plug the old holes I just cut down an old 1/2 bolt I had into 3/8" sections and welded it in(not sure if people usually plug the old holes, but I did just because I have no intention of ever returning the car to anywhere close to stock)
After grinding the welds down. It was actually one of the easiest modifications(even with the welding and grinding) I have yet done to the car.