Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have titled my project as "Family Affair" for 2 reasons. 1) I 'd like for this to be a true family project with a lot of teaching things to my kids and having them grow to appreciate hard work and enjoy car projects. 2) Is was more of a joking (my poor sense of humor) reason, with the time and money spent out in the garage my wife may think I am supporting a mistress... >:)

Project goals/highlights:
We are doing a restomod. I purposely started with a beat up, barely running I6 car, because I planned to restomod it.
Here are some of the styling items I am planning on doing to my 67 Coupe.
  • Eleanor style lower nose, with the fog light dimples filled and smoothed.
  • Stock upper nose (stock headlight buckets, and stock grill with horse and corral and my current fog lights)
  • Stock 67 Turn signal hood
  • Eleanor style (MTF) high rockers and side exhaust
  • Eleanor style fender/quarter flares
  • Stock 67 quarter panel side scoops
  • Eleanor style coupe deck lid spoiler
  • Stock 67 taillights
  • MTF Resto-mod rear valance
Some people may think the Stock/Eleanor mix will be ugly, and it may be, but I won't know until I get it that far. Besides, I am building this car for me, and what I want it to be.

This is a long term project, we don't expect to have it complete for at least a few years and we are just at the beginning of the project.
I will try and keep the project page of my website up to date. 1slowformula.com/mustang
I have also started a project playlist on youtube.
And, I will be posting updates to this thread.

I have some photos, but have been tracking more of this project in video form. I hope you guys enjoy and follow along with the project.

Here is what we started with when we bought the car 11 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
Welcome to the board John,...I’ll be following.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Best of luck with the build, I will be watching. Even if budget starts going off track, consider the expense a very worthy investment in your kids education and upbringing. The world needs more of this.
It has pained me that my grandson has not taken anymore interest in my build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm restoring my 67 mustang..again....first time around was when I had just graduated high school. My dad is a mechanic and we would work on it together...I then let the car sit for 14 years as other things took priority...now 14 years later, gonna redo a bunch of stuff. Hoping my 8 yr old will be as eager as I was when I was younger. He gets flashes of "when r we bringing my mustang?" It's still at my dad's house while we finish some body work and major items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts