Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the front end components needed to restore the suspension and most of the front brakes and steering. Plus wheels. We also have the subframe connector project started. Problem is in finding the time. We are busier at work than last year this time, so the 8-5 routine hasn't quite materialised yet. Plus family time, which is important.

So...Am planning to get the SF connectors done this week, hopefully. Then I can start in on installing the front suspension. Meanwhile, I'm detailing parts in preparation. The granada brakes are finished and waiting to be installed. I think I need to get an idler arm though. I may have this all done in a month or 6 weeks.

And being broke forces one to install the few parts they can afford to buy. I'd hate to be sitting on 10K worth of parts and no time to work with them.....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
All "good" things come in time, and your mustang isn't any exception! You've been doing it slow and easy, and Im sure the attention to detail will show. Glad to hear that your work is busy, I know how that is (haven't had a day off, besides thanksgiving and christmas in a full two years.) The mustang will wait, they're good at that. Post some pictures of your suspension after you install it.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
nice brakes! reminds me of mine /forums/images/icons/smile.gif did u use oven paint or something? thats what i used for the rotors and calipers

G

·
0 Posts
I can truly understand, if my project went any slower there would be no progress at all. Its been so long since the car has been roadworthy (7yrs) that I'm in no hurry (I keep telling myself that), but in actuality I really would like to drive it before the summer is over. IMHO your priorities are definetly in the correct order, 1-Family, 2 Providing for the family, 3- The Stang. I just placed my last parts order to get mine roadworthy. I have so many parts lying around with nuts and bolts as well that im not sure what goes where anymore, guess I should have labeled everything (ya Big Dummy). The one good thing is pay attention to detail better to do it right the first time then putting it back on and not being happy with it. Good luck With your projects.

SCOTT
65 CONV, C-CODE, T10, 4BBL
ITS ALMOST DRIVEABLE, WOOOOHOOOOOO.....

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. I used rattle can "commercial coatings" paint from NAPA over a layer of NAPA etching primer. Just plain paint. As for the next project.....no thanks. I'll be enjoying the nice drive in my new 65 coupe!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts