Vintage Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
By the way, I stopped using Photobucket. I am now using a Google Website I created to upload these images. So far, I like the sizing.
Can't see any pics in the last post, but I can see from the previous post.

#%*^%} Photobucket! Looking to move my pics too..

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
I made more progress this weekend on the vent window.

This is what I used for this.

RECHROMED OEM VENT WINDOW FRAME (Bought from Craigslist)
OEM clear glass
NOS FORD Vent Window Rubber Seal
Scott Drake Divider Rubber Seal
OEM Divider Bar (stainless steel)
Gasgacinch
Polishing compound
Scott Drake chrome twist lock thingy.

OLD VS NEW

The hardware parts in order of assembly...

Grinding old rivets out...

Removing the division bar seal...

Polishing up the old division bar...

A fully polished division bar (it's stainless steel)...

Hammering with an anvil the rivets into place...

Window was removed and scrubbed. Then reset. Also used a little bit of neoprene adhesive, Gasgacinch to help secure the window. It felt a little loose.

The FINISHED VENT WINDOW (It was my first time so it took me maybe 2-3 hours).

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Looks like I got screwed from photobucket.

I have all the photos saved though...is there any way I can edit & re-upload the photos from the last few years?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts

I have all the photos saved though...is there any way I can edit & re-upload the photos from the last few years?
Man I hate to see this happen on a thread (the picture loss). Hopefully Admin will let you re-post the pictures. That chrome looks amazing, I will follow your detail when the time comes to do mine.

Allen

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

Build site photo restoration going well. I have the first 3 pages restored and I am using POSTIMAGE.ORG.

I hope to finish by the weekend and start updating my progress again. Thanks VMF for allowing this! :pirate:

·
Super Moderator
9,773 Posts
Matthew, why postimage vs anyone else?

I'd be asking no matter who you picked.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Matthew, why postimage vs anyone else?

I'd be asking no matter who you picked.
Because Gypsy recommended them! We can blame him if something goes wrong. :p

...actually, it's been pretty easy and their upload rate was really fast. I'm sure Imgur would be ok too.

I'm not picky with who has my photos. Just want to update and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
BIG THANK YOU...to Gypsy who helped save my build thread.

After the photobucket boondoggle, I switched to postimage. Then a few months ago postimage changed their links to my pics and all of them disappeared. Below are links to the same picture. You can see that the only difference is .cc vs. .org

The .org is no longer good.

All I had to do is change the tail of the domain to "cc" and they work. This took about 30 minutes or so. I figured it out by process of elimination.

NEW: https://s26.postimg.cc/lrmssmx95/IMG_3407.jpg
OLD: https://s26.postimg.org/lrmssmx95/IMG_3407.jpg

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #169 (Edited)
I'm planning on getting back into things in the next few months. I've taken a long hiatus from working on my Mustang. My ADD got the best of me. I did a major project a couple years ago with my master bathroom remodel. This last year has been taken up with a bath remodel for our second bathroom. A lot of termite damage unfortunately resulted in more delays.

This is within my journey with my Mustang. The delay, that is. So I'll upload some pics.

Here's some before, during & after:
BEFORE

DURING

DURING...almost done, needs casing/trim around the openings, fixtures needed too.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Hey Matt!
I've been enjoying your build thread! What's the latest?

P.S.... I'm down the road in Whittier.... If ever you need a second pair of hands on something hit me up!

-Rob
Thanks, Rob.

Man, been super duper busy. Too many irons in the fire. I had to stop work on this to finish our bathroom. My job has become increasingly busier too. I am almost done with our bathroom though, so I will be back at it. Maybe around the new year...I am buying parts as we speak though.

Where are you at in Whittier? I grew up in La Habra and grandma lived in the hills above Whittwood Mall.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks, Rob.

Man, been super duper busy. Too many irons in the fire. I had to stop work on this to finish our bathroom. My job has become increasingly busier too. I am almost done with our bathroom though, so I will be back at it. Maybe around the new year...I am buying parts as we speak though.

Where are you at in Whittier? I grew up in La Habra and grandma lived in the hills above Whittwood Mall.
Literally on the border of Whittier and La Mirada ... Leffingwell and Telegraph would be the cross roads ? -Rob

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
It's been a long time since I've done anything on my car. I'm eager to get back at it. I have nearly everything I need to get it going except a few small pieces.

I think I've figured out my belt situation. Some hurdles there. I won't bore everyone with the details, but I will be getting a new water pump from Flowkooler to replace the new Edelbrock pump currently on the motor now. The Edelbrock will go up for sale along with my aluminum radiator because I have to switch to a longer pump with driver side outlet to make the serpentine belt system work with my accessories and my damper. I have a $600 BHJ damper that was balanced with the motor, so I need to make everything work with it. Going with a 5.0 clockwise pump...

I'm also getting ready to start the electrical work too where I'll install a painless harness with Dakota Digital gauges.

Gosh, my driveway looks ugly.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
It's been a long time since I've done anything on my car...

...Gosh, my driveway looks ugly...
Your driveway looks like stuff is getting done !
I hope the weather is good this week so I can play outside lots and lots. I gotta clean out a pair of small buildings and get better organized so I have a place to store Mustang parts between some of these projects. By the way I love the blue on your ride. It's coming together.

Reactions: Mustmatt

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Got my vinyl on my tail panel. I also purchased a bunch of stuff...basically a lot of stuff I’ve been dreading. Stuff that takes time to measure and research to ensure I get the correct parts (ps hoses and an fittings).

Here’s some pics of the tail panel. The blue vinyl will match the interior vinyl.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #180 (Edited)
Here’s the battery box in the trunk. I’m relocating the battery back and MSD Ignition there too with an inn/off switch. The switch is under the rear package tray if you can see it.

MSD Ignition is mounted on the box too.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts