Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a good year for my 65 fastback project. I took my car to Vintage Mustangs for some race prep items like full suspension(Global West) and a Shelby rollbar... Car got 9 inch rear end with disc brakes, SVO master cylinder. I also got the tunnel patched from where PO had hacked away at something... I also got my 331 built this year... next year will be Phase 2 - Putting the car back together, purchase a fuel cell from fuel safe (EFI). Ialso plan to finish collecting everything for my EFI swap. Wow how time flys when your playing with mustangs...

http://whittz.com/v-web/gallery/Phase1

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I would likely done the tranny tunnel repair different . I would have butt-welded it together to prevent water from sitting inside there and causing rust . Be sure to seam seal the doo-doo out of it .

I thought about building a fuel cell set-up for my car but Im thinking of just running a stock steel tank . Guess time will tell .
I had thought of getting a 1/4 inch or so thick aluminum plate and cut it to the size of the fuel tank opening . Attach it to the trunk floor and then drill a hole for the fill pipe . You could even get a angled fill pipe and modify the stock filler tube and be able to fill the tank without opening the trunk . The fuel cell would mount under the car with the straps (2 of em) holding it up to the bottom of the aluminum plate .
Be much cheaper than the pre-made fuel cells that drop in but would require some time and effort .
Id guess 400-500 range vs. the 1100 or so for the drop-ins .

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the gauge bezel is ABS... You can get one from SAC mustangs.... As far as the tunnel is concerned it will be sealed and the whole floor will get the por 15 treatment... :chainsaw:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post more pics and the special K bars are great... This is my first car build.... Non mechanic but I am taking it slow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts