Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, if it wasn't for my car projects, I would have to watch the ugly damned news. So here is a question for you all. I am building this '65 coupe with a 351, 5-speed, 8.8 rear. At present it doesn't have a console. Would it be better with or without a console. I cannot make up my mind. What you think? My car is still hanging on the rotisserie so I have lots of time.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I agree with you Dude! the consoles look great with the deluxe interiors and verts, but leave them out of the "hot rods"

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have never had a hot rod mustang. But in my 68 that has a console I wouldnt have it any other way. IMHO it kinda looks like something was left out in the cars that dont have a center console

·
Registered
560 Posts
I prefer without the console, just an arm rest. I wasn't to excited about it at first, but it grew on me fast.. I really like the open space, just feels like less clutter in my opinion

Attachments

·
VMF Ambassador
6,658 Posts
I love my console, which I have paired with a humphugger armrest/cupholder deal.

The nice thing about a console is that if you're replacing the carpet with the ACC type, which doesn't fit well over the trans hump, then you can just cut a slit in it over the hump to take up the extra fabric and no one will ever know!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I left the console off my '66 coupe because I thought it was a cleaner look without it (plain black interior). My fastback has deluxe interior with console, and it seems a better fit with the 2-tone blue and white interior and woodgrain steering wheel. From your description, I think the cleaner look would be better.

JMO
MrFreeze

1 - 9 of 9 Posts