Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture of the prop rod installed? Also there are a couple different ones to purchase.
The Scott brake one and the original that NPD sells.. I have the light set of hood hinges but the hood does not stay all the way up..Thanks

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I added one to mine for the same reasons, I will try to get some pictures for you later. The big surprise came when I first showed the car at ocean city md, hood up, off I go to look at other cars, come back and the hoods closed....I looked at the guy sitting in front of his car next to mine...He said that thing almost gave him a heart attack when the wind flipped it up and the hood slammed down..so, I now zip tie it against the secondary catch of the hood to stop that! Ghetto but effective :) I think I got it from CJ's back when I still did business with them..its chrome, works and fits on the car nicely.

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
I'm using a prop rod that I liberated from a Maverick in the junk yard about 25 years ago. And I removed the springs from the hinges.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I went propless...

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
1,241 Posts
I have seen pieces of swing set style chain used in the place of springs when showing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts