Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang. I am having my front floor support, torque box, and one rear frame rail removed and replaced. The rest of the underbody parts on my '64 1/2 Convertible are really clean, thankfully. "While I'm at it.." I'm going to blast or strip and repaint the rear-end and underbody. The engine bay and front end are good to go. For a concourse correct appearance (Concourse Driven), what are the correct paint and undercoatings to use and on what parts??

Any advice would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just finished the undercarriage on my 67. If you haven't done so already, do a search on "undercarriage" for all posts. I found a lot of info on the differences in primer sealer colors from different plants for different model years. It helped me out quite a bit.

Good luck.

wjj

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think that all 64.5 cars were Dearborn cars. If they were, and Ford followed the same conventions as in 65 and 66, the floorpans were satin black like the engine compartment. Rear axle housing should be S/G black with a red oxide primer pumpkin. The driveshaft would be natural with some funny paint stripes on it. Rear leafs were also natural.

I'm sure Charles T will keep me honest on this one, but I think I am right.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Hey Drew - Send a PM to CharlesTurner. He will answer all your questions on detailing your car for concours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts