Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 mach and just converted my front drums to power discs. All of the new brake parts are reproduction of the 70 boss big bearing brake system(spindles,calipers,rotors,etc). I am down to a few things left to install. The original brakes were drums. So I am left with a distribution block. I know that I need a proportioning valve but I am unclear what valve I need and how this installs with the distribution block? Any suggestions, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The 69 has a two part setup - the prop valve is a tube looking thing (3/4 inch diameter, 5 inches long approx) and the distribution block. The prop valve mounts on a bracket that attaches it to the dist. bloc. Not aware of a good rebuilding kit for them.
Dave

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Although I have a late built '67 stang I installed the so called very late 67/68 setup which I think is same for '69, I'm not sure how 69's are done, parts should be the same. Prop valve attaches to dist block, all in one setup which is why I used it. NPD sells the correct bent lines for this. There are vendors out there that do sell kits to rebuilt. Cobra Automotive used not sure if still do. Send me email and I do have a good pic of my setup BEFORE I dropped engine in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I ended up doing was buy from NPD a combination valve tuned for disc/drum. Its supposed to be a combination of a proportioning valve and disribution block. If I do not get the right balance then I will buy a adjustable one.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
sixtysevenGTconv said:
Although I have a late built '67 stang I installed the so called very late 67/68 setup which I think is same for '69, I'm not sure how 69's are done, parts should be the same. Prop valve attaches to dist block, all in one setup which is why I used it. NPD sells the correct bent lines for this. There are vendors out there that do sell kits to rebuilt. Cobra Automotive used not sure if still do. Send me email and I do have a good pic of my setup BEFORE I dropped engine in.
I'd like to see a picture - What NPD part numbers did you order to get your setup?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
ontheball2 said:
What I ended up doing was buy from NPD a combination valve tuned for disc/drum. Its supposed to be a combination of a proportioning valve and disribution block. If I do not get the right balance then I will buy a adjustable one.
I'd like more info on the combination valve you purchased. What is the part number, and does it work well?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
As stated in my last message, send me an email and I'll send a pic. I got all I could do to get my sig here done. Don't feel like playing around with it.
As for what I got @ NPD it was ALL the brake lines. This includes the special 6 pieces for master cyl., dist block & prop. valve. I was gonna put in a link but there site is dog slow now. Here's their description:
'67 VERY Late, disc, PB.,6 pcs., With front mount prop valve. # 2265-1D $59.95.
Shoot me email, link on bottom of this page. I got pic of dist block & prop valve installed minus master cyl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts