Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an article in Mustang Monthly or Mustang Illustrated a short while back that covered detailing the 65-66 proportioning valve. I've searched all my copies and can't find it. Does anyone remember which issue? Thanks!

65GT
MCA #15474

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hmmmm. I recall an article on master cylinders but not the valve. I always thought it was supposed to be a natural cast color.

65 Hi-Po F/B (7 yr resto)
67 GTA F/B (small block) Mustang Owners Club of Austin (MOCA), TX
MCA 27479
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575609&a=11978710&p=43914197.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the case should be painted with a grey paint and the adjusting threaded thing is cad plated and the locking nut is gold cad. There is a black rubber band and then the locking clip on the end is bare steel

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a cast iron gray color or the actual color gray? What are your recommended options for rebuild of the valve?

65GT
MCA #15474

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a grey color, not cast ,like a regular grey primer with a semi-gloss to it.

you can probably rebuild the valve, but only if the cylinder is free of gouges or rust pits. Just take it apart and evaluate it first.

If you have to, you can have the valve rebuilt professionally and they can re-sleeve it. Never had this done but heard it was possible.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts