Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
I convert my brake system from drum to power disc swap from a Granada (the poster,the spindles & the discs) now it pull to the back wheels more than the fronts , they told me to change the proportioning valve to disc/drum type , i ordered one for ford ( MBM part # PV 6070FD) but the hole for the pipes screws is not the same size as my car (1970 Mustang f/b) , which valve is suitable for that swap , please ??

·
Premium Member
12,028 Posts
You can buy adapters at any auto parts store to convert an IFF port to a different size IFF fitting. But it appears you are not in the US.

·
Premium Member
12,028 Posts
I found your distribution block/proportioning valve online. It says "all ports accept 3/16" inverted flare brake lines". The standard size thread for the nut on a 3/16" brake line is 3/8"-24 which 3 of the ports on this DB/PV have. The other 2 ports have 7/16"-24 threads which is the standard size thread for the nut on a 1/4" inverted flare brake line. So you need to reduce the thread size on those 2 ports.
PV6070FD.jpg
You need 2 of these adapters:

Am I correct- the nuts on your brake lines are too small to screw into those 2 larger ports?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts