Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into a custom made car cover , there are several outlets for them .
Mine needs to protect my car from dust. Occasional sunshine and occasional rain. I am looking for a 3 or 4 ply

So who can you recommend or suggest ?

The car is a 69 Mach 1 , with rear window slats , rear spoiler

Anyone ?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
personally imo i think covers do more harm then good. esp if outside.

if you insist, for inside a 2 bed sheets are prob you best best

·
Registered
467 Posts
California Car Covers are highly recommended here and on other forums. That said, I have a nice cover for my car and found that dust still finds a way to get through, and once it's through, it becomes an abrasive. I'd rather have a dirty car with good paint than a clean(er) car that is being damaged over time, but that's my .02

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have a 14800 mile 79 Indy Pace Car, that has been kept undercover in a quality 4 layer cover for years.
When digging it out for a recent car show, noticed blotchy marks on the paint and decals.

The cause, Geko lizards would crawl under the cover and P*** on the paint!.

A lot of polishing has managed to fade most of the ones on the paint but not completly and will have to live with the ones on the decals.

As A consequence, it now sits with out a cover, and gets a wipe over with a quality feather duster when used.

And as an aside, the Geko's are illegal boat immigrants from Indonesia.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Covercraft make a variety of car covers, which are excellent.

·
Registered
638 Posts
California Car Cover did have a chart with your wants compared to their cover materials. Indoor. Outdoor. Sun. Water. Dust. Mine fits like a glove on my garage kept Mach 1. Mine is their "Block-it" material. Dave R.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Use the search function, this has been discussed.
I did use the search function , what's the big deal anyhow .
It's not like this subject has been brought up a bunch of times .

·
Registered
413 Posts
My blue '65 use to sit outside with a CoverCraft car cover. It worked great until we had a big storm blow through. It ripped the cover at the eyelet holes and then turned the cover into a kite ripping my antenna and my passenger side mirror off in the process. The car now sits outside without the car cover.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
My blue '65 use to sit outside with a CoverCraft car cover. It worked great until we had a big storm blow through. It ripped the cover at the eyelet holes and then turned the cover into a kite ripping my antenna and my passenger side mirror off in the process. The car now sits outside without the car cover.
Do you think another brand cover would have been any different?

·
Registered
413 Posts
In that situation, not likely.

I live out in the open between two soybean fields. 20+ mph wind gusts are quite common. I even had the additional eyelets installed giving me 3 tie down points on either side. I think any cover would have done the same.

In reality, the Covercraft was an outstanding cover, fit the car like a glove. If only it would have been less kite-like....

·
Registered
413 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts