Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I have ever done this... didn't think it would be that easy... now I am going to get working on cleaning up my engine and getting the rust off of it while I get some welding done on the floors of the car. As far as the engine goes, I don't want to make any huge improvements... but I was thinking of getting a new cam and roller rockers... would this be a good route? I don't really know much about engine mods, and I really don't have the $ to really get into it.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
What year motor do you have? If you have an older engine you will have to have screw in studs installed in the heads to run roller rockers and bigger cam. If you have a late model engine then it will be just a bolt on addition for the roller rockers. It's up to you if you want to go that route. Since you do not have much experience with motors plan on it taking some time for you to complete this upgrade. If you have the time and cash then go for it. Another thing is once you start it will grow from there. You will end up saying since I have this I should has and so on and so on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts