Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After much pondering I decided to order the following for my '65s EFI fuel system:

American Designers 20 gallon fuel tank ('69 mustang)
Sending unit for above
Tanks Inc. Universal in-tank fuel pump kit PA-4
Ford Racing fuel pump block off plate
RJM Injection Inertia switch and pigtail
Summit Racing 3/8" OEM style steel fuel line
fittings for above

Total cost was about $475 including shipping, with about half of that for the tanks inc. 250 L/hour pump setup. I'm going to be taking a ton of pictures and writing up a description of the install...so if you're interested stay tuned. Tanks Inc. tells me the pump will take about 3-weeks. I'll probably start disassembly before then.

Phil

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Phil,

I have an un-cut '91 Mustang 5.0 EFI harness if you want another Winter project. I was going to eBay it, but I'd rather see it go to a VMFer.

I also have the majority of a 5.0 EFI engine laying around. Let me know before you start spending any eBay $$'s.

Dave

Dave

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you want the pump faster, ask Tanks, Inc. who their dealers are and order one from them. Tanks, Inc never seems to keep some in stock for themselves.

Doug

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I love the threads with real time mods being performed. I will keep watching! I will eventually do the EFI thing on Dirty Harry, but am a little concerned about the noise of an electric pump. Did you ever get to hear that fuel pump in action? How about some before pics while we are waiting?

·
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave,

I've got a harness out of an '89 along with most of the EFI system (intake, TB, sensors, etc.). I think the only thing it's missing is the fuel rails and injectors. 19# injectors won't work for my combo though (347). What I'm going to need most of is a lot of advice. BTW...I bought a 3-12 psi return style fuel pressure regulator (used) that I'm going to hook up to initially to run this with my carburetor, and do the EFI swap next fall after the driving season ends. I'm sort of jumping the gun on the fuel system. I'm trying to figure out how to eat the elephant (one bite at a time).

Phil

·
Registered
12,305 Posts
Man, I would bought these 90+ harnesses off you guys a few months ago had I known.. :lol: I ended up with a burnt 87-88 harness missing it's relays and some of the wiring fried.. hah

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have some 24lb injectors and a new C&L MAF with the a polished intake pipe if someone needs it. The C&L is new and injectors are used. I went with a blower so I upgraded to 42lb injectors and Lightening MAF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts