Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just diggin' around in search and came up with a couple references Arto65FB had made to the Renagate Sequential Shifter. Thought it'd be entertaining for some of you if I made a specific post on them.

Anyone have one of these or tried one?

I just think they're sexy, and probably quite nice from a functional standpoint. But, looks like you'd be into it for something like $750 just for the shifter (based on the Auzzie price adjusted for U.S. dollar). :eek:

Kind of choppy 5.8mb video:
http://www.renagate.com/images/x%20ver%20shifter.mpg

Thoughts? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice set up. I'm curious as to if the tranny tunnel would have to be cut? Hurst has the inline vertigate inline shifter , but more geared drag racing with pulling levers to downshift and all which is no good on a "real" track.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
But, looks like you'd be into it for something like $750 just for the shifter (based on the Auzzie price adjusted for U.S. dollar). :eek:
One reason I have linked that is that video, look at those loose G-gauges on the floor. Maybe one of our Ozzies can say which track it is based on how the loose stuff reacts to cornering Gs.

AUS$ is cheaper than USD, so I think you multiplied instead of dividing (or vice versa, don't know whether you had AUSD/USD or USD/AUSD rate). But Tex Racing seems to be their distributor in US and they should know the pricing.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!
<--- Sucks at the math. ;)

You're right, they're more like $450 U.S. based on the AUS price.
I sent an email to Tex Racing to find out what the actual price was...no reply thus far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts