Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight guys...I know this has been covered before...i've searched on it...however, I dont have the tools to build my own adjustable pushrod. Nor do I have the $70 to spend on summit's length checker. My 2 questions are: 1) how can I know if the stock length is too short? (comp's magnum roller tips, .512 lift int/exh) 2) Is there any way I can use the old ones to see how much longer my new ones need to be if I need longer ones? Thanks
-Ryan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At half lift(you can eyeball it) the tip of the rocker should be centered on the valve tip & as close to a 90 degree angle as possible for the pushrod to rocker. As for making one, you can take an old one, cut it close to the top, & thread it with a tap, probably 1/4 20, then isstall a short piece of allthread. You can get all this at the hardware store for a couple of bucks. Stockers are probably going to work... never can be too careful.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome...it looks like the stock pushrod length is bueno!! It's really a good feeling to see your valvetrain workin w/ your pistons and to feel that little wooh of air from the spark plug hole =) thanks for the help guys...im kinda excited if ya'll can't tell!!!!

Does anyone know what the diameter and length of a pushrod from a '65 c code 289?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to know your generater is genin, your fans a fannin' & your pistons... well they're they're working too!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Summit's latest catalog has a length checker for $10-12. It's up front in the new parts section and I think it's made by Trickflow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts