Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I believe longer. The best thing to do is to get an adjustable pushrod to get the exact length. You want to use a solid lifter for measuring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adjustable pushrod is on the UPS truck to be delivered today. I did convert an old lifter with washers to make it solid.
Any tips are appreciated

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sounds like you are well on your way.

·
Registered
467 Posts
One thing I did experience is that different manufacturers measure them differently. Once I had my adjustable pushrod set, I took it to a local engine builder, had him measure it and bought them from him.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok got the adjustable pushrod and I got the center line when the pushrod was 6.950" Does this sound reasonable?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ok got the adjustable pushrod and I got the center line when the pushrod was 6.950" Does this sound reasonable?
Your push rod length is going to be specific as AFR's, gaskets, possibly zero decking the block etc will affect the rod length.

Maybe some who is using AFR's can give you a reference point.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't remember my exact length, but it was in the ballpark if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Actual pushrod length is a result of several factors including deck height, head brand/type, valve length, valve installed height, head gasket thickness, rocker arm brand/type, and lifter brand/type. Every combo will be somewhat unique.

Paul

Reactions: Fair Oaks Mustang
1 - 9 of 9 Posts