Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put '68 items onto a '67 without modifications?

In '68 many little things changed on the mustangs. On of the changes was a breakaway steering column. Since my '67 did not come with a steering column at all, I decided to add a '68 breakaway column and steering box out of '68 "J" fastback. My steering column question is: Is the wiring harness plug different from '67 to '68 on the steering column?

My second question has to do with the front brakes. I also transfered all of the '68 front suspension and disc brakes to my '67 and now I'm getting ready to run the brake lines. Is the front disc brake soft line from caliper to hard line the same as the '67? And if it's not, will a '68 soft brake line fit onto the '67 bracket that mounts to the frame rail or will this need to be modified to accept the '68 disc brake line?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I didn't get any replies to my powdercoating question that I posted a few days ago.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=forum&Number=1022237&Forum=f12&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1022237&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=52&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1022237

Anyone use the Eastwood's Companies custom powdercoat?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow, still no response? Does nobody know how to answer these questions? I don't because I have never worked on a '67 or '68 but someone has to know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts