Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope some one can help I have the parts from a 78 Granda to change out to disk brakes but we are having trouble with the tie rods???

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Go to Mustang Steve's site and get the drop in shims. It'll save time and make the alignment easier.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a fit problem? From my understanding, the ones from the Granada should fit. A little more info may get a better response. Is your 65 a 4 lug, or 5 lug set up? I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Try doing a search, and looking at the article in the FAQ section.
Good Luck,
Dan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 65 4 lug conv. to 5 lug set up Granda spindels have a biger hole than mustang tie rod ends

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Which tie rods are causing the problem?

You will want to use the Mustang inner tie rods and Granada out tie rods.
Note, if you have power steering, your driver's side outer tie rod will require a special (ie expensive) tie rod, available from Mustangs Plus. The passenger's side with power steering is fine though.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Clarification- If you swap to the Granada tie rods, everything bolts up. if you keep the original tie rods, the shims fit into the spindle hole to take up the slack and it fits tightly without having to change tie rods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts