Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Putting disk brakes on 65

596 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  PonyDoc 
G
#1 ·
Hope some one can help I have the parts from a 78 Granda to change out to disk brakes but we are having trouble with the tie rods???

#2 ·
Go to Mustang Steve's site and get the drop in shims. It'll save time and make the alignment easier.

G
#3 ·
Is it a fit problem? From my understanding, the ones from the Granada should fit. A little more info may get a better response. Is your 65 a 4 lug, or 5 lug set up? I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Try doing a search, and looking at the article in the FAQ section.
Good Luck,
Dan

#6 ·
Which tie rods are causing the problem?

You will want to use the Mustang inner tie rods and Granada out tie rods.
Note, if you have power steering, your driver's side outer tie rod will require a special (ie expensive) tie rod, available from Mustangs Plus. The passenger's side with power steering is fine though.

#7 ·
Clarification- If you swap to the Granada tie rods, everything bolts up. if you keep the original tie rods, the shims fit into the spindle hole to take up the slack and it fits tightly without having to change tie rods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.