Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

Wish I could have made the Zimmerman show. Sounds like it was a blast.

On Labor day I had a blast of my very own. I blew my motor up that has been in the car for only 30 days. It began with a little tapping sound to become a knocking rattling that sounded like a three peice drum set inside my engine.

Needless to say I have been very saddened by all of this since I just spent the money to have it all installed in the car.

Now I did beat the crap out of this thing. Over and over and it seemed that both the engine and I were having the time of our lives.....I guess the motor had enough.

I learned that no matter who tells you the engine is rebuilt that you should have it rebuilt anyway. And that if you plan to pound the crap out of the car you should build the motor that can do it. Two expensive lessons.

So anyway as I cry myself a river here. I am planning to build my 5.0 into a stroked out 331 mad man. I am going to use parts in this bastard that are made to be beat.

I need to know who you guys would suggest to build this motor for me. Or would you suggest a new stronger block than my 91 5.0 block. I want this to be the last time I have a motor built.

Sorry to be long winded. I am just pissed that it looks like paint will have to wait till next winter and I am getting tired of engine issues.

Matt

·
Registered
967 Posts
The big question is how much do you want to spend? I personally have not used them but I have heard great things about www.dssracing.com in St Charles. These guy build some nasty pro-50 racing motors that should be able to take the beating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts