Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help on where to go for the best quality stampings available for a 69 fastback. This is for a concourse car and not looking for cheap garbage...any help is appreciated.... :: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
american design makes real good one they are stamped in the great white north. i put them in my car no problems here. oh remember cut around the seatbelt mounting nuts
chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
My local guys says that ever since American Designers moved to Quebec he hasnt been able to get any orders from them. Know whats going on with them? I know the company that bought them is mainly into gas tanks but tahts about it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
There isn't a correct replacement floorpan for 69/70 on the market. The American Designers are the best, but they are correct for 68 an earlier. They do fit 69/70. There are quite a few differences, but the biggest one is the fact that they come with holes for two plugs instead of one. Do a search and you should find a good description of the differences.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes, what Manyc said is correct, if you are looking for concours, you wont find them in a repo, and good luck finding a donor car with good floors. The quality is fine with most of the repops on floors, but patterns/holes are different.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello all,

Thanks for all the replies...all your advise is well taken...Let me go forth and conquer - heck by the time I am ready hopefully they will have moon travel, because that is probably the only place I would find original solid floor plans on a parts car... ::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts