Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done business with K.A.R. Mustang out of Columbus, OH. I'm particularly interested in the quality of their sheetmetal parts. They claim they won't sell it if they don't use it in their own restorations, which sure sounds good but ya know how that goes sometimes...lol

Their prices seem to be just a bit higher than many others, but if the quality is there I don't mind paying a bit more. OEM parts, or OEM tooled parts seem to be REALLY pricey these days...maybe a little more than my pocket can stand.

Just looking for alternatives (aren't we all??) and KAR is one place I haven't seen much feedback about on here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered three lower Quarters for my 65 fasback from three different vendors and they all were junk. I had to cut and weld a piece out of one and work it in. These were all made by American Designer. They suck!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have used them for suspension parts.They are a bit pricey but for me they are convienient. When it comes to parts the quality is not from the supplier as most are middle men for the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
As far as I know KAR sells the same parts you get everywhere else. Nice guys, though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I've already got floorpans, torque boxes and toeboards from The Paddock which were made by American Designer (which is a Canadian company...go figure...) and I was quite disappointed with the pieces. I was also very unhappy with the service I got at The Paddock.

I also had gotten the LF frame rail and floor extension from CJ Pony Parts and am pretty satisfied with them, but not sure who actually manufactured them.

As always, I just like to keep my options open and keep looking for the best quality I can afford...just like everyone else! BTW...my project is a '70 Mach 1 that I probably should have passed on, but am now past the point of no return!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts