Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 mustang coupe 302 HO, Holley 600 carb, T-5, 8 inch rear
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to get quality outer door handles for a 65? I’ve looked at cj pony parts and googled it a few times but the Scott drake ones did not get great reviews. Does someone else make them better? Mine are badly pitted, I’m just looking for a set that looks good and works. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I put some originals back on. I will probably end up having some re-chromed.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've got the Drake's on my 66 convertible. They are OK. Not fantastic, not terrible. They have held up very well in 6 months :) Around here re-chroming is outrageously expensive compared to reproduction parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. Crusing68 did you get the $65 show quality ones or the the cheaper $25 set? Kinda seems like the cheaper set actually got better reviews

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And how about the drip rails? I’ve read bad reviews about those also but mine are dented and look really bad

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
25 years ago when I got my 68 the local Ford store was able to source me new door handles and all of the bright trim around the wheel wells and rockers. The parts manager was a good friend and he contacted other dealers to find what I needed.
Some of the remote smaller dealerships may still have some old stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I’ll look into that, thanks kechke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts