Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Afternoon All,

Like most of you, been stuck at home working and well just staying separated from the public. So between yesterday and today I decided to do some work on the interior of my car. I wish I had before pics as I did not have high expectations for the results. When I bought this car about 1 and 1/2 years ago the interior was neglected to say the least, but for the most part all original. It had one of those carpet dash protectors glued on it, an old Clifford alarm system(both of the previous removed as soon as it hit my garage), some hacked switch to activate the fog lamps(a fear that maybe this wasn't a true GT as the lights would not come on with the ignition off, but that was quelled once I saw what the PO did, a two wire switch instead of the new proper 3 wire fog lamp switch) and just general grunge. So I decided to do what I could. Simple green is amazing(cleaned the vinyl, door panels, headliner etc) and then I got off the shelf Turtle Wax interior cleaner and hit the absurdly gross carpet. I did replace the kick panels, arm rests and base and new seat belts from Tony Branda. After picking up a hint from all places, Pintrest on the carpet mess, it now looks incredible. I was going to replace the carpet this spring, but not anymore. Too Im leaving everything else as is as I like the old car smell and worn seats. The only thing is I still have a little old hard glue on the dash that GooGone or SimpleGreen wont remove. Im open to ideas. Anyway here are a few photos(too note I removed the windshield trim as the speaker grills vanes were bent in multiple spots so Im putting in a new one and wanted to paint both at the same time since they sit next to each other)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yes sir
Many folks are stuck at home. Not by choice but necessary.Tthere is a considerable increase in those that are now working on their projects.
Yes, it is good in a way as these put away projects will help all of us endure, past time, keep active.
All stay safe!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did find some pics from the original ad in Craigslist.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts