Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 1972 Ford Mustang fast back and i have a huge problem one of them is my trunk leaks but i dont know where so how can i find out what i need to do also what kind of a quarter mile dose a v8 302 72 run im going to time soon but i dont know what to expect im putting on a 4bbl edelbrock carb performer package and it has headers and flowmasters now so what could i expect for a quarter mile time 15's maybe??? stock engine

·
Registered
194 Posts
You need to let us know which rear end gears you have. My 72 fastback with a 351c and basicly a full performer set up with a 2.79 rear end pulled a 14.6. Also, which tranny do you have.
John

The Future is no place to place your better days...
DMB

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you cannot find an obvious rust hole or seam separation might be the weather strip is not sealing due to being old and taken a set which precludes contact with the drip edge. The way to check is to close the deck lid on a strip of paper and see if there is resistance when you try to pull it out. If no resistance there is probably a gap between the weather strip and the drip edge. New weather strip is readily available but need to use the right size and correct adhesive. Another possibility is a rust hole under the rear window gasket. Suspect you already put an expendable bud in the trunk to watch for leaks while you hosed it down.

Mustang Lovers ---- A Box-O-Choclates !!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My car's set up almost identical to Johns, 'cept I have a little taller gear, but not much, a 3.25.... I figure I'd run low 14's in the 1/4 on a good day w/ a good launch, and I would begin to guess at my HP, 177 net from the factory, I'd figure about 240, 250, but its just a guess.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts