Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang would run in the quarter mile with a 351 Cleveland 4bbl. I have looked all over the internet and can not find anything. Does anyone know a website that has this information or can someone tell me? I would prefer it to be a stock engine, 3 speed automatic, with 3.50:1 ratio, but if this is not available, give me information that is close at all (modified engine, manual, different gears, etc.) Anything!!! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
About 15 seconds... The GT-500 did it in about 13s.

There was a good webpage posted here.. darnit... hmmm,, try searching back a few pages.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say about 13.5s or somewhere in that neighborhood. I asked about my modified 289 a while ago and i got replys like in the 15s so i would assume you could do it in about the 13s

1968 Mustang Coupe - Daily driver
289, holley 600 carb, holley street dominator intake, petronix ignition, Accel Super Stock Coil, Tri-Y Headers, 2 1/4" 2 chamber Flowmasters, C4 and 2.79 rearend

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What if there were some modifications? Like an electronic ignition (msd), edelbrock 750 carbuerator, edelbrock performer intake, hooker competition headers, k&n air filter, flowmaster mufflers, stall converter(not too much from stock), and a shift kit. It has a fmx transmission. This is what im thinking of doing to it. Any suggestions? How much would this take off the quarter time? Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All of the above and a 4:11 gear,2400stall you will run high 13's. But you'll need a good set of tires or street slicks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts