Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rust around the wheel wells and behind the rear tire. Can I buy convertible replacement quarter panels and cut at the body line? Reason being the vert panels are half the cost...

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Where are you shopping for them? I just took a quick look at NPD and their '70 FB QP are $410 and the conv. is $525
Just glancing at the photos, they appear to be the same profile, but I really cannot tell, and I'm more of a '65-'66 guy.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
The fastback quarters are different from the coupe/conv quarters. The upper body line is different. If you were to cut the quarter panel about 1" below the upper body line, the coupe/conv quarter could be welded in. It will also take some metal work to make it look correct. I did this many years ago before the fastback replacement panels were available.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I have rust around the wheel wells and behind the rear tire. Can I buy convertible replacement quarter panels and cut at the body line? Reason being the vert panels are half the cost...

Thank you for your input.
Hmmm! Looking at the latest MU cat EM35 70 fastback quarter panel 732781F $409.95 for driver side 732780F $409.95 passenger side. Convertible quarter panels 732781C $469.95 for driver side, 732780C $469.95 for passenger side.

Are you comparing apples with apples?

Slim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts