Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used PI from another VMFer. All it came with is the module itself and the main box. I know there is suppose to be a plastic guage, but he lost it. I'm not complaining as it only cost me $10 bucks, but is there anything else that comes in the box, that will be needed to hook this up?

Anything I need to know on how to set this up on the 67's 289 since it didn't come with any instructions either? Also can I use a regular feeler gauge to set it with, and what would it be set at? Where do I wire the Red and Black wires to?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hi Whizco,

Just set the gap visually, set it real close but don't let it rub the collar that intalls over the shaft. The gap isn't critical in my experience.

The red wire goes to a switched +12 source.

The black wire goes to the coil on the side where the points would normally connect.

Good luck! You should like it!

·
Registered
496 Posts
You should also have a magnet sleeve that fits over the dist shaft. If you dont you cant use the Ignitor. The plastic gap gauge is about .030 thick but that is not important as long as there is no rubbing between the sleeve and the module when the dist shaft rotates.

John

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey Doug, like John said, you must have the sleeve that slides over the cam lobe part of the shaft. Other then that the only other thing in the box is the plastic gauge and the instructions. The instructions and some tips and tricks are up on my Pertronix web site. Click below on the "Pertronix Tech" link.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went and checked the box it was shipped in, and found the sleeve and the instructions in the bottom of the shipping box, must have fallen out of the PI box during shipping.

Cool, Thanks guys for the info! I will be installing it tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
as i recall the p;astic gauge was .030 in. and gap is not sensitive. go to whisperers page and he has all Pertronics data you need. if you can't find what you need me PM me and i will scan my instr sheet and e-mail to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts